Welcome to Calvary’s new music academy: Vibe. We offer free music lessons for willing students in the Woodlands, Pinelands, and Jaclyn apartments. Right now the instruments we offer are electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and bass but we are looking to expand soon.
You’re probably thinking, “What’s the catch? Nobody does this for free…” Well, it’s a good thing we’re not like everybody else. It’s 100% free. You don’t have to come to our church. You don’t even have to be a Christian. You just need to be in middle or high school and willing to learn.
Who Will Be Teaching Me?
You’ll be taught and supervised by David Denis and a team of other guitarists. He is a 32 year old electric guitar player and one of the pastors at Calvary. He has been playing since he was 11 years old and has experience in rock, blues, metals, ambient, country and many other types of music.
What Will I Learn?
So let’s talk about what you’re not going to learn: our goal is not to teach you things that we like. We try to give all the tools you need to play the things that you like. Learn the music you listen to everyday.
Depending on the track you take, there will be a variety of things you can learn. Here are some examples:
- You can take our acoustic route and learn to play anything and everything
- You can take our electric route if you’ve ever wondered how to work the effect pedals behind in your favorite songs.
We have a limited number of slots, therefore we can only take a limited number of people. We try to narrow those down to those who truly want to learn. In order to do be a part of Vibe, you will need parental consent to enroll and meet the following expectations each semester:
- Practice 120 minutes a week
- Weekly assignments and benchmarks
- Have a signed sheet from your legal guardian stating your practice times each week
- Willing to play at Vibe Nights (a end-of-semester party). This is where you will showcase your abilities and show off what you learned that semester.
Interested in Joining?
Please apply for your spot by clicking the button below. Please note that filling out this form does not guarantee admittance.